Important Information about Background Checks
People from all walks of life conduct background searches in an effort to make informed decisions in regards to protecting themselves, employees and family members, property and investments. Searches can also have professional applications, such as credit or asset checks and business history searches. Background checks are an important part of the hiring process and can be the difference between a successful company and a failing one.
PeopleCheck fills this vital role by providing background checks for the following:
Myths of the "absolutely free background check"
- Those that have access to children, including nannies, daycare providers, tutors, teachers,church leaders and direct care providers � Comprehensive background checks that include criminal and sexual offense history can help you make wise decisions about who cares for your children. Keep in mind that you may need to conduct a national search and not just a local search.
- Employment Applicants � A good service can help you verify past employment information, contact previous employers and check professional licenses and degrees. Keep in mind that many states have hiring practice laws that should be addressed before disqualifying an applicant.
- Renters or Leasers � Conduct credit checks on rental/lease applicants, you can also check current employment and address history through our services.
- Credit / Loan Applicants � Verify application information and income as well as check credit history before extending a line of credit.
- Debtors � If someone owes you money and you do not know their current location, run a people finder check as well as an asset check to assist in collecting a debt. Many of our services also look for possible aliases and associations as well.
- People Searches � You can find old friends, family members or others through a people search.
- Some background check services and private investigators use questionable methods to obtain and distrubute information. Many internet-based companies offer a"Free Instant Background", which do not provide any of the protection that a full criminal search will provide. These searches will run your applicant's name and date of birth against a publicly available list of records, which may or may not return results. These searches will often then lead a user to purchase an additional search to access state records. Even then the instant search you receive will not be 100% accurate because most states simply do not offer those kinds of services. Most service sites will tell you that they do not want you to use information for malicious and defaming purposes.
Keep in mind that even if a background check is performed, there may be things a search does not discover, and ultimately you have to make the final decision. Background checks are just one tool in the investigation process. Make sure to ask a lot of your own questions, or if things come back on a report that are in the grey area ask the applicant or business about the information to see if they can clarify the situation.
With a good, comprehensive background report and a little of your own careful probing you should be able to make an informed choice about your investments and the people you hire. Contact ustoday to find out how PeopleCheck can help with the process.